Resin wicker, often known as all-weather wicker, is mostly used to make outdoor Resin Wicker Patio Furniture. It has the look of natural wicker, but it is a synthetic material manufactured primarily of polyethylene (PE), and it is quickly becoming the preferred choice for designers, commercial installations, and homeowners alike.
Patio furniture made of PE wicker offers numerous advantages, including:
Weatherproofing: Resin wicker is also known as all-weather wicker and it lives up to that moniker. It can withstand the heat of the sun, the harsh weather of the East Coast, and anything in between.
- PE Wicker patio furniture happens to be often hand woven atop a powder coated aluminium frame, making it both strong and light. Modular couch chairs can weigh anything from 20 to 30 pounds, making them easy to relocate.
- The aluminium frame is durable and rust resistant, making it excellent for use in harsh environments.
- PE wicker happens to be durable; it will not chip or tear, necessitating expensive repairs.
- UV inhibitors happen to be woven into every single strand, making it fade resilient, ensuring that your patio furniture looks as good as the day you bought it.
- One of the most appealing aspects of PE wicker happens to be that it requires almost no care; in most cases, it only has to be hosed down with water to properly remove surface debris.
- It is reasonably priced. Depending on the style and complexity of the wicker design, you will normally pay much less than for a teak or wrought iron patio set.
- PE wicker strands are malleable and easy to work with, giving producers a wide range of design options, allowing them to create sectionals, round daybeds, and hanging chairs in a variety of forms and sizes.
There are more colour and style options available. Because it is not a natural fibre, PE wicker can be made into a variety of designs and textures, with flat and round wicker being the most common. Browns and greys are mixed with honey almond, white, and blue.
It is resistant to mould and mildew due to its built-in water and humidity resistance.
Off-Season Resin Wicker Protection
Despite the fact that many types of resin wicker are coated to resist all types of weather, major climate fluctuations can still harm it. Even covered wicker can fade over time, so it’s best to keep it out of direct sunlight when not in use. When there isn’t much activity on your patio during the winter, store your lightweight wicker furniture into the garage or at another secure location for protecting it from the coldness, which can make the resin brittle and inclined to breaking. Cover the furniture to protect it from the snow and cold if you don’t have storage.
Because of its summery design, ease of upkeep, and lightweight structure, resin wicker furniture is one of the most popular choices for patio and outdoor furniture. It is both durable and elegant, and it will never go out of style. With these simple methods, you can keep your resin wicker furniture looking lovely for years.